[Tutor] PySQLite vs SQLalchemy

Patrick optomatic at rogers.com
Sat Sep 13 00:30:13 CEST 2008

I guess I am a Python framework burnout. I have tried so many of them
over the past two months, they are just not right for me right now. I am
trying to put together a program to generate my website offline via the
MVC paradigm, all I need to deal with is lots of static data.

I like SQLite, it's really easy to work with. I would like to model my
database in it natively but I am having quite a bit of trouble mapping
the variables in the SQLIte database via PySQLite. It appears that this
sort of thing is SQLalchemy's strong suit. However I would prefer not to
model my data base in it.

So, I am just wondering if anyone has any feedback with regard to
PySQLite and SQLalchemy. Is mapping the variables from the a database
via PySQLite a common problem? Is SQLalchemy being used for desktop
Applications? I bought a book on SQLalchemy but PySQLite seems to have
sparse documentation. We can build Python with SQLite built right in,
why is there not more documentation?

Thanks in advance-Patrick