[Tutor] Python class at Foothill College

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 03:34:53 CEST 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 5:59 PM, Wayne Watson
<sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Interesting. I've been quite surprised that some community college in the
> Bay Area hasn't offered Python recently. However, I'm long gone from there.
> Sacramento, Davis, Rocklin, anyone? Haven't even seen any in UC extension
> classes. I'm going to be near there early next week. Maybe I'll drop in to
> see what books are going to be used.

wayne,

my Python courses are a *little* closer to you, in san francisco (as
opposed to los altos hills).  if i field significant interest in
holding a course up there or in the nevada foothills, i'd be glad to
do so.

i sometimes teach the intermediate course that comes after elaine's at
Foothill so i'm somewhat familiar with her's... the last time i
checked, the course textbook they use is "Core Python Programming"
(see link below).  :-)

cheers,
-- wesley

 http://corepython.com

"Python Web Development with Django", Addison Wesley, (c) 2008
http://withdjango.com

wesley.j.chun :: wescpy-at-gmail.com
http://cyberwebconsulting.com