[Tutor] Monitoring HTTP connections?

W W srilyk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 03:00:42 CEST 2008

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 7:33 PM, xbmuncher <xboxmuncher at gmail.com> wrote:

> >>Why not just set up wireshark with a filter for HTTP requests?
> Because I want to use the data from the HTTP requests in my python program,
> so it needs to be a way I can do it natively within my python program, so I
> can use the data it retrieves...

there's a tutorial about python sockets somewhere that I forget (a quick
google search should be helpful), and one of the examples is a proxy server;
you connect to it, it connects to some website.

If you know much about programming/python, it shouldn't take *too* much
effort to re-purpose it for what you're trying to do. I've never used the
twisted framework but it should probably also be similarly helpful (from
what I've heard).

HTH,
Wayne