[Tutor] unable to import Image module from my application

ShivKumar Anand shiv_mbm at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 30 12:00:42 CEST 2008

I am using Python Image library on windows and it is running well.

I am using RHEL E4 on another machine and when I installed "python-imaging-1.1.6-2.el4.rf.i386.rpm", still i am not able to call the Image and ImagOps modules from my application on this Linux machine.

After that --I manually added Imaging1.1.4 folder in /usr/lib/Python2.4/site-packages and added entry in easy_install.pth.
After that, I am able to import the modules from python prompt, but still I am not able to import from my application.

I am not able to figure out the exact reason for this.

Kindly guiide me.
Thanks in anticipation.

Shiv