[Tutor] Here's something to talk about

spir denis.spir at free.fr
Wed Apr 15 20:48:30 CEST 2009

Le Wed, 15 Apr 2009 08:29:30 -0700,
"Weidner, Ronald" <RWeidner at ea.com> s'exprima ainsi:

> # This code is posted for the purpose of conversation.  If it is of some
> # value to someone that would be great.  But what I hope is that the code
> # sparks conversations about what I did in this code and why I did it.
> Since # the list seems thick with OOP questions at the moment, I thought
> this might # be relevant.  Digest and enjoy.

I must confess I do not really understand your intent
(a) with the code itself
(b) with the fact of publishing it

Maybe I have read it too fast. What I saw is an implementation of strict object interface, in the sense strictly separating the inner and outer parts of an object. Sure, this is an aspect of OO. But AFAIK this is not very pythonic, not very common at least (and I personly do not feel attracted by this coding style -- rather I consider it a useless overload).
For code security reasons? You may be interested in the concepts of the so-called "Object-capability model": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object_capability_model.

Denis
------
la vita e estrany