[Tutor] # what do I do now to kill the the Windows program which has finished its work?

Ian Campbell ian-campbell at shaw.ca
Sat Apr 25 17:35:00 CEST 2009

I am converting a Windows ProComm script into Python and  need help.

;  previous Procomm  script here

run "c:\buy.exe" taskId                ; this runs the c:\buy.exe
program and assigns the  task identification number to the integer
variable called "taskId"
pause 1                                      ; wait one second
while taskexists(taskId)
          exitTask(taskId)               ; kills the task
endwhile

; we carry on.... the ProComm    code to completion

How do I do the same in Python?

os.startfile("c:\\buy.exe" , 'OPEN')    # THIS WORKS  and returns but
does not return the taskID