[Tutor] Dictionary, integer, compression

Dinesh B Vadhia dineshbvadhia at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 29 20:36:22 CEST 2009

Alan

I want to perform test runs on my local machine with very large numbers of integers stored in a dictionary.  As the Python dictionary is an built-in function I thought that for very large dictionaries there could be compression.  Done correctly, integer compression wouldn't affect performance but could enhance it.  Weird, I know!  I'll check in with the comp.lang.python lot.

Dinesh

Message: 3