[Tutor] noob question (Windows, Python 3.1)

Joshua Harper joshharper27 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 09:44:45 CEST 2009

Ok, so I am trying to learn python, and I am reading many tutorial type
things and I am kind of stuck with implementing some of the code... so for
example the tutorial says "*To get the examples working properly, write the
programs in a text file and then run that with the interpreter*"
Alright...simple enough so I wirte the example program:

x = input("Please enter a number: ")
print "The square of that number is

I save this as a .py and Open With>python.exe. OK, so that gives me the
terminal ansking me to enter a number, I enter a number and click enter and
then it prints in like half a nanosecond and the cmd line window closes. I
want to know how to have the window stay open so that, in future scripts I
may be able to actually see what was printed. I talked to my friend and he
said that he has the same problem...anybody?...help???

--
- JH