[Tutor] this module

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Aug 8 09:37:29 CEST 2009

"Mark Young" <marky1991 at gmail.com> wrote

> I was curious, and looked up the contents of the module, and dscovered
> that
> it had attributes c, d, i, and s. I was wondering if anyone had any clue
> what these attributes were supposed to mean.

Mostly they are just variables used to construct the message. The values
are
the fibnal values of loops etc.

> I think (this.s) is the zen of python in some foreign language (dutch
> maybe?),

No, its not Dutch, its a caesar encrypted version of the zen and the
variable
d holds the translation table.

> significance of the others are. Just wondering if anyone knew, (or if
> they
> mean anything at all).

Just look at the source of the module in this.py, its in the Libs folder

> Also, I was wondering, when a user first imports this, how does the
> module
> print the zen of python? I can't figure out how it does it.

It builds the table then it applies it to the encrypted string.

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site