[Tutor] Automating creation of presentation slides?

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Wed Aug 12 23:19:31 CEST 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 4:07 PM, David Kim<davidkim05 at gmail.com> wrote:
> am attracted to the declarative nature of reStructuredText, but I also
> recognize that A LOT of people use Powerpoint and are comfortable with it.
> Going with something else might freak people out.

You might also look at S5:
http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/s5/

S5 presentations are viewable in a browser, so if you want to make
something for distribution, it may be better than Bruce (which IIUC
requires Python to view). Or you could use Bruce for presentation and
convert to HTML or PDF for distribution
(http://groups.google.com/group/bruce-users/browse_thread/thread/a117867ec7a65761)

Here are two projects that convert reST to LaTex that then can be
converted to PDF:
http://github.com/agapow/rst2beamer/tree/master
http://code.google.com/p/tevisa/

Kent