[Tutor] python telnet

Rayon evosweet at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 19 13:32:57 CEST 2009

using python telnet lib to connect to a Nortel switch, and dump some tables.
My problem is that every now and then the connection is reset by peer .
Telnet Error : (10054, Connection reset by peer)
I need  to know why, I have it in a loop so it will download after a few tries but I need to know why.
here is the code.

#main telnet class
import telnetlib
    #import telnet lib

class supertelnet: # super tenet class

    def __init__(self): # def construct
        """"""

    def telNetCall(self, Host, User, Pass, LocalFile):
        print "start lens dump"
        host  = Host
        user  = User
        password = Pass
        file = LocalFile
        telnet  = telnetlib.Telnet(host) # connect to telnet client
        #telnet.set_debuglevel(1)
        telnet.read_until('Enter User Name', 3) # read session data untill match or timeout.
        telnet.write(user + '\r') # send username
        telnet.write(password + '\r') #send password
        # send command to dump len files
        # start
        print "lens dump in progress"
        telnet.write('table ibnlines' + '\r')
        telnet.write('format pack' + '\r')
        telnet.write('list all' + '\r')
        telnet.write('logout' + '\r')
        #end of commands
        lens =  telnet.read_all() # get session data and store data
        print "file write strated"
        x = open(file,'wd') # open file
        x.write(lens) # write data to file
        print "file done"