[Tutor] Help on input error

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Fri Aug 21 18:44:12 CEST 2009

<dshunick at comcast.net> wrote

> "Python Modules" is not a folder recognized by Python. Try putting the
> file in Python31/Lib/site-packages/area.py

Although that solved your problem I tend to use sire-packages for third
party modules I've downloaded - and can  download again.

For my own code I keep a separate Projects area outside my python
installation and reference it via PYTHONPATH., That means if I delete
a Python installation, including site-packages-oops! - or install a
second one I can still access my modules or share thjem across both
without copying.

Just a thought,

--
Alan Gauld