[Tutor] Ptyhon GUI doubt

Mal Wanstall m.wanstall at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 02:55:15 CEST 2009

Hi Raj,

I used to get this error sometimes when I was using Windows. Killing
the Python process via Task Manager and restarting IDLE was enough to
get me going but if it still remains an issue, you can run Python in
single process mode, the following is snipped from IDLE help:

"Running without a subprocess:

	If IDLE is started with the -n command line switch it will run in a
	single process and will not create the subprocess which runs the RPC
	Python execution server.  This can be useful if Python cannot create
	the subprocess or the RPC socket interface on your platform.  However,
	in this mode user code is not isolated from IDLE itself.  Also, the
	environment is not restarted when Run/Run Module (F5) is selected.  If
	your code has been modified, you must reload() the affected modules and
	re-import any specific items (e.g. from foo import baz) if the changes
	are to take effect.  For these reasons, it is preferable to run IDLE
	with the default subprocess if at all possible.
"