[Tutor] Making sense of "'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command...

Eduardo Vieira eduardo.susan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 21:37:37 CEST 2009

Hello, list. Sorry, for this basic question. But why in Windows (XP)
command prompt I get this message if, for example I type "python
myscript.py"? But it works if I simply type myscript.py? Maybe by
getting an answer for this question I could know how to make commands
"grep, diff" work from any folder, and not have to type the full path
for them or start in their folder...-- I have GnuWin32 utilities
installed in my c:\Program Files.

Thanks,
Eduardo