[Tutor] update html pages using python

pedro pedrooconnell at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 23:21:41 CEST 2009

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as
far as the best way to use python to update html. Specifically, I have
a python script which coordinates the rendering of image sequences to
disk (rendered from Nuke, the compositing program) and also automates
the creation of Quicktime movies based on these sequences. Added on to
the end of this program, I would like to have a function which updates
a cell in a table on a webpage to change the status of the shot from
"in progress" to "new version ready for review". I have a reasonable
understanding of text file reading, writing and parsing, but I was
wondering if there is a module or some such thing that handles this
kind of thing well. Ultimately I want to set up a page with a table of
thumbnail images corresponding to sequences each with their own colour
coding indicating status.
Thanks for any help
Pete