[Tutor] update html pages using python

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun Aug 30 01:34:15 CEST 2009

"pedro" <pedrooconnell at gmail.com> wrote

> Hi, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as
> far as the best way to use python to update html.

There are a number of modules in the standard library that can help
but the best known module for this is BeautifulSoup which you have
to download - try Google.

There are a couple of others and all of them are better than trying
to do it using normal text manipulation or regex...

> kind of thing well. Ultimately I want to set up a page with a table of
> thumbnail images corresponding to sequences each with their own colour
> coding indicating status.

That should be fairly straightforward with any of the html parser modules
available

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld