[Tutor] mod_python authentication

Rayon evosweet at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 5 13:57:12 CET 2009

I need to  setup a login page for a web application but I am not finding any
code in the mod_python doc that shows me how to do this.

What is need is the code to tell apache to get this login data from a login
page.

OTOH if you want to build your own login system (e.g. with user details
stored in a database) then you:

1) Make a regular HTML form with username and password fields

2) Write whatever login processing code you need, and have the form submit
to it.

3) Check for an active login session on every page that requires
authentication, and redirect them back to the login form if necessary.

I need to know how to configure the httpd file to allow for this al so.