[Tutor] What books do you recommend?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Dec 10 01:19:37 CET 2009

"Becky Mcquilling" <ladymcse2000 at gmail.com> wrote

> Is there a good Tutorial that you guys recommend, where you actually get
> useful exercise to try and do and then you can be walked through
> different
> solutions?

What an interesting question.
I'm not aware of any tutorials that do this (although mine does in a few
cases
- eg the address book and myultiplication table examples - its not a
general
approach). I'll be interested to see if anyone else knows of anything.

> Administrator type functions and have to debug stuff and starting to do
> this
> on Python, so something not quite so incredibly dense would work better,
> just don't know where to start.

There are plenty of beginners tutorials including mine.
I just don't know of any that use multiple solutions to a single problem
as a teaching tool.

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site