[Tutor] Sound problems

Wayne Werner waynejwerner at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 17:55:12 CET 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 8:40 AM, Dave Angel <davea at ieee.org> wrote:

> If I may make a guess (I've never used pygame), I'd suggest that the sound
> playing logic counts on using the event loop for its timing.  So without an
> event loop, no sound.

Also, livewires is a pretty ancient - AFAICT they haven't had a new release
in over a year. Pygame is a little more active in its development and is
really easy enough with so much documentation there's no reason to learn

Here's a simple example of playing a midi file with pygame only:

import pygame

while True:
    event = pygame.event.poll()
    if event.type == pygame.QUIT:
        print 'Quitting'

Of course, replace "ISawHerStandingThere.mid" with whatever music file you
want to play...

To be considered stupid and to be told so is more painful than being called
gluttonous, mendacious, violent, lascivious, lazy, cowardly: every weakness,
every vice, has found its defenders, its rhetoric, its ennoblement and
exaltation, but stupidity hasn’t. - Primo Levi