[Tutor] Python and database firebird

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 15 18:36:20 CET 2009

"Григор" <grigor.kolev at gmail.com> wrote

> I have a damaged database and try to fix it.
> How do I delete the bad record.

You probably need to use Firebird's admin tools.
I've never used Firebird although I did use the
commercial version, Interbase and it had several
admin tools.

But if it's badly corrupted you may need to restore
from a backup then apply updates from the audit
logs (if you have them!)

> ProgrammingError: (-902, 'fetch: \n database file appears corrupt ()\n
> bad
> checksum\n checksum error on database page 12839')

This is a Firebird error rather than a Python issue.

HTH

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site