[Tutor] Simple PassGen

Kayvan Sarikhani ksarikhani at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 22:35:12 CET 2009

Hello Tutors,

  I've been messing around with a simple password generation script...no
real crypto or anything, but a little stumped on the output.

#!/usr/bin/python
import random, string

pool = string.digits + string.letters + string.punctuation

for i in range(8):
    print random.choice(pool)

  This seems to do the job, but it lists the output with newlines, perhaps.
For example:

$ ./passgen.py
(
2
3

  I thought that maybe adding "print random.choice(pool).strip()" might work
but not having any luck with that. Is the output this way, simply because of
the nature of the range, or can anyone point my in the right direction?
Thanks in advance!