[Tutor] *nix tail -f multiple log files with Thread

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Feb 16 19:14:41 CET 2009

"Bill Campbell" <bill at celestial.net> wrote

> There is information on regular expressions in any book on python,
> perl,
> and other scripting languages.  O'Reilly has a book ``Mastering
> Regular
> Expressions'' which is probably pretty good, but I have never read
> it.

It is pretty much the definitive reference on regex.

However I read somewhere recently that O'Reilly are bringing out
a new tutorial style book on regex specifically for Python.

No more info but it might be worth visiting the ora.com website to
see whats on offer.

<PersonalOpinion>
OTOH I don't find I use regex all that often. Usually I can find
another
(better?() way. regex are powerful tools and invaluable when you
need them but if you don't *need* them then they can be deceptively
difficult to get right! Its always worth trying to live without in the
first
instance. If that doesn't work out then at least you know why you
need the regex!
</PersonalOpinion>

Alan G.