[Tutor] WinMerge -- I'm Impressed

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun Jan 4 22:41:04 CET 2009

"Wayne Watson" <sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net> wrote

> It took me 15 minutes to merge the two in an acceptable manner.
> I just tried the result and am happy to report that it  works as
> expected.

Glad to hear it, there are many such merge tools around some
more automated than others.

> Doing this by inspection of printed lists or holding two windows
> (in IDLE, Notepad or whatever)

In emacs or vim you could do the merge in place and edit the
merge display. Its a standard feature of both. (I think eclipse can
do it too although I haven't used it for that...). search the
respective
help systems for diff...

And for those who prefer command line tools sdiff on *nix will
do the job too.

Alan G.