[Tutor] WAYNE'S WANING...

Marc Tompkins marc.tompkins at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 21:24:07 CET 2009

Sorry - forgot to Reply All...

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 9:53 AM, WM. <wferguson1 at socal.rr.com> wrote:

> One of the replies to my post explained how difficult it is to address an
> audience composed of several levels of skill. I understand that, nor was I
> condemning anyone who has a better command of jargon than I have. Jargon is
> essential to any trade. What I wanted to do was give Wayne the POV of
> someone who posted for a while, then gave up.  I have plenty of questions, I
> shall try to put some of them in intelligible form, for your amusement.

One thing that tends to happen here results from the fact that in Python (as
in Perl) there's always more than one way to do it, and each method has its
enthusiasts.  So Original Poster will ask a question - possibly fairly basic
- Tutor A will chime in with an answer; Tutor B will chime in with a totally
different approach; Tutor C will point out a third way that's more elegant
but requires understanding of advanced CS concepts; eventually the thread
becomes totally incomprehensible to Original Poster.

Please bear with us - we all love the language and want other people to love
it too.

--
www.fsrtechnologies.com