[Tutor] df type function in python

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Wed Jan 7 19:27:56 CET 2009

On 07/01/09 18:08, Spencer Parker wrote:
> Is there anyway to get rid of the header information?  I just want
> the output that it gives me for the device.

parse the output and junk the first line?

I'm no subprocess expert, but a bit of playing about suggests this would
work:

from subprocess import Popen, PIPE

df = Popen('df -P', shell=True, stdout=PIPE)

no_header = df.stdout.readlines()[1:]

I'm sure there are more elegant ways to do this, but it does work.

tuning the df -P command to only give you the device your are interested
in should reduce the output a little more.

Regards,

Stuart

ps there's need to reply to me directly, I'm subscribed to the list,
albeit mostly to cower at the feet of those who inhabit it :)
--
Stuart Sears RHCA etc.
"It's today!" said Piglet.