[Tutor] How do we upload multiple files simultaneously?

W W srilyk at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 00:13:28 CET 2009

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 4:19 PM, Lie Ryan <lie.1296 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 21:48:51 -0800, john dow wrote:
> > Dear  All,
> >
> > I a newbie to python...
> >
> > my problem is to upload more than one file on a single go. I have an
> > option open is using some FTP client...
> >
> You might be interested with Twisted.
> Alternatively you might also be interested with threading or
> multiprocessing and also urllib.

Another option would be a list of files to upload, i.e.
def upload(filename):
    #implementation here

files = ['file1.txt', 'file2.txt', 'file3.txt']
for file in files:

Of course there are various different ways you could perform that type of
action, but that should point you in the right direction.

To be considered stupid and to be told so is more painful than being called
gluttonous, mendacious, violent, lascivious, lazy, cowardly: every weakness,
every vice, has found its defenders, its rhetoric, its ennoblement and
exaltation, but stupidity hasn't. - Primo Levi