[Tutor] Small python web server suitable for web cam streams?

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Wed Jan 14 20:05:24 CET 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 12:53 PM, Wesley Brooks <wesbrooks at gmail.com> wrote:
> The very best would have time plots for various temperatures (these of
> course could be images generated by seperate scripts as before) and email
> alerts out to users when a job is complete or an error occurs.

I've used matplotlib to dynamically create and display charts on a web
page. There are also some interesting JavaScript chart packages.
smtplib (in the Python lib) can send your emails.

> Is this best solved using two different toolkits? One to make the page and
> another to host it?

I would start out putting it in the server and change it if there are
performance problems.

Depending on how complex your HTML is, you might want to use one of
the template libraries - Mako, Genshi, Jinja, Kid, Cheetah, ... I
can't recommend a specific one.

Kent