[Tutor] NLTK

Senthil Kumaran orsenthil at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 11:04:25 CET 2009

>  Ishan Puri <ballerz4ishi at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>     I have download NLTK for Python 2.5. It download automatically to
> C:\Program Files\Python25\libs\site-packages\nltk. When I try to open a
> module in python, it says that no such module exists. What do I need to do?

There are ways to install the module in the site-packages.
Just downloading and copying to site-packages may not be enough.

After you have downloaded the NLTK page, extract it to a separate
directory, and find a file called setup.py
If it is present,
do
python setup.py install

That sould do.

If setup.py is not present, locate README.txt and follow the instructions.

Even after following the instructions, if you get any error message,
copy/paste the error message here so that we would be able to assist
you better.

--
Senthil