[Tutor] help on making python tictactoe
bhaaluu at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 15:55:55 CET 2009
On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 4:18 AM, jammy007 pp <jammy007_pp at yahoo.com> wrote:
> guys , i need immediate help on creating a simple tictactoe game .
> i read micheal dawson's book but didnt quiet get it .
> please help .
> thanks .
Python Programming for the Absolute Beginner 2E
by Michael Dawson has the BEST explanation there is
of programming a Tic-Tac-Toe game! It is explained
in Chapter 6 Functions The Tic-Tac-Toe Game.
If you've read and done the Challenges in Chapters 1-5,
then the 'new' concept on Chapter 6 is how to program
with functions. Otherwise, the Tic-Tac-Toe game is covered
1. Read Chapter 6.
2. Go back and highlight the important new concepts.
3. Key the Tic-Tac-Toe program into your computer.
(It is better to key it in than copy/paste it from the CD)
4. Get the game running on your computer. You'll find typos.
This is part of learning Python. You need to make mistakes.
Finding and correcting your mistakes is an important part of
learning how to program a computer..
5. Make a hard-copy print-out of the source code for the game
you just got running..
6. Play computer by reading and following the program
flow in the printout. Underline, highlight, and write notes
in the margins of the printout as you 'play computer'.
7. Do the Challenges for Chapter 6. Challenge No. 4 is to
plug the hole in the strategy of the game in the book. To do
that, you'll need to modify the game in the book. If you've
followed the above instructions, you should have no problems.
8. If you still have problems, post _your_ problem source code to
this list with an explanation of what your problem is.
b h a a l u u at g m a i l dot c o m
Kid on Bus: What are you gonna do today, Napoleon?
Napoleon Dynamite: Whatever I feel like I wanna do. Gosh!
More information about the Tutor