[Tutor] To Arc (PIL) or Not to Arc (Tkinter)

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Wed Jan 28 16:51:45 CET 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 10:30 AM, Wayne Watson
<sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Thanks. I was beginning to think the only way to get this done is via
> Tkinter's canvas.
>
> I guess I can see why PIL later became amended with libraries like Tkinter.
> I think PIL came first, and apparently depended upon some then present
> elements of Python for displaying images.

I don't know the history but Tkinter and PIL really are focused on
separate jobs; Tkinter is a general-purpose GUI framework, PIL is for
image manipulation.

> UI  == Utility Imager?

User Interface. This is just a quick hack I wrote to help solve
problems in the Python Challenge. Many of them involve image
manipulation and display.
http://www.pythonchallenge.com/

Kent