[Tutor] PyCon2009 Tutorial: An Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming

Michael H. Goldwasser goldwamh at slu.edu
Sat Jan 31 19:56:57 CET 2009

David Letscher and I will be leading a tutorial at this year's
PyCon titled "An Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming."

This tutorial is designed for programmers who are familiar with Python
yet new to the concept of object-oriented programming.  We also
welcome programmers who are experienced with other object-oriented
languages yet new to Python.  We will begin the tutorial by
introducing the general principles of object-oriented programming.
We then focus on Python's treatment of object orientation. The
tutorial will be organized as a mix of formal presentations together
with hands-on demonstrations and exercises.

For a more detailed outline of the topics or a link to registration, see
http://us.pycon.org/2009/tutorials/schedule/2PM1

If you have other questions about what to expect, feel free to contact me.

With regard,
Michael Goldwasser