[Tutor] Popen problem with a pipe sign "|"

hyou hyou00 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 3 16:46:33 CEST 2009

Hello,

I encountered this problem that when I'm using Popen to execute a DOS
command "C:\...\devenv" solution.sln /build "Debug|Win32", it doesn't run
anything. However, if I replace "Debug|Win32" with Debug, it works fine.

If I use subprocess.call instead, it runs perfectly - however, I cannot find
a way to control the output from subprocess.call..

Do you know how can I run the command with | sign correctly with popen? Or
if that's not possible, can you give me a way to control the output from
subprocess.call?

Thanks a lot!

Sincerely,

Shawn