[Tutor] mac os x executable

python at bdurham.com python at bdurham.com
Tue Jul 7 23:51:26 CEST 2009

Alan,

> After all with Python 2.3 pre installed on MacOS X

Is Python 2.3 really the most recent version of Python distributed with
new Macs?

So if I wanted to distribute a Python 2.6 script to a Mac user, I would
need to instruct the Mac user how to download and install a separate
version of Python (2.6), being careful not to overwrite the system
default version of Python (2.3). Or I could use py2app to build in
single standalone distributable (with an embedded Python 2.6 interpreter
and library files) and distribute that.

Does that sound right?

Thank you,
Malcolm