[Tutor] thesaurus

Pete Froslie froslie at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 00:28:08 CEST 2009

okay.. I'm getting the hang of python a little more. I'd like to try
something a bit more complicated (for me). I would like to convert each word
in a series of paragraphs to its first matching synonym in a thesaurus. I'm
a bit stuck as how to start.. I think I understand how to split and parse
the original paragraphs, but the thesaurus is throwing me. I'm thinking
maybe find a CSV thesaurus -or- a thesaurus online with an API.. I'm
wondering if anyone has done something similar that may point me in the
correct direction?

thanks,

--
Pete F