[Tutor] os.system and/or subprocess.call problem...

Steve Willoughby steve at alchemy.com
Fri Jul 10 19:04:47 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 12:00:11PM -0500, daychilde at gmail.com wrote:
> I'm working on a program that calls another program recursively - this other

Actually it sounds like you're calling it iteratively, not recursively.

> I can successfully generate the ini file. The problem is that the other
> program doesn't seem to execute it correctly; or is unable to read its
> contents. I'm not sure what's going on from the error it's giving me -

>From what you write in here, my first thought is that the ini file
isn't being flushed out to disk before the subprocess starts up and
tries to read it.

Are you either calling <file>.flush() or <file>.close() or something
equivalent BEFORE starting the subprocess?

When you start the subprocess, is it being started in the directory
you think it is?

--
Steve Willoughby    |  Using billion-dollar satellites
steve at alchemy.com   |  to hunt for Tupperware.