[Tutor] sending to a file

Wayne srilyk at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 01:27:52 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 5:10 PM, <keithabt at beyondbb.com> wrote:

> On Fri Jul 17 17:51 , Wayne <srilyk at gmail.com> sent:
>
> >On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 1:55 PM,  <keithabt at beyondbb.com> wrote:
> >

> >I have a form and script that works. I can enter values into the fields,
> however
> >
> >the data will not show up on the server in the text file. The properties
> for the
> >
> >file is 0777. Can the form cause this problem?
> >Are the properties for the parent directories set to read/write?
> >-Wayne
>
> Yes, they are for the owner.

If the script is being executed from a user that's not the owner, you'll
have problems. Try letting the script create the file and see if you still
have problems.

HTH,
Wayne

--
To be considered stupid and to be told so is more painful than being called
gluttonous, mendacious, violent, lascivious, lazy, cowardly: every weakness,