[Tutor] python interpreter vs bat file

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun Jul 19 00:17:16 CEST 2009

"Dinesh B Vadhia" <dineshbvadhia at hotmail.com> wrote

> During recent program testing, I ran a few Python programs
> from a Windows XP batch file which causes a memory error
> for one of the programs.  If I run the same set of programs
> from the Python interpreter no memory error occurs.
> Any idea why this might be?

I'm not sure I understand what you are doing?

Are you saying that in your bat file you entered commands like

python file1.py
python file2.py
python file3.py

And when you executed that bat file it gave a memory error?
If so was that for a specific python file or was it for the bat file
itself?

And are you also saying that if you start a command window
and type at the DOS prompt:

C:\> python file1.py
C:\> python file2.py
C:\> python file3.py

You don't get any errors?
How are you running the bat file? Are you running it from the
same DOS prompt that you run the python commansds or
are you starting it some other way?

Can you clarify please?

--
Alan Gauld