[Tutor] python interpreter vs bat file

Dave Kuhlman dkuhlman at rexx.com
Sun Jul 19 20:56:15 CEST 2009

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 05:40:41AM -0700, Dinesh B Vadhia wrote:

>    1.  Run Python Programs with Batch file
>
>    Python programs run from a Windows XP batch file (test.bat) in a CMD
>    window initiated from Windows Explorer.  All programs except one
>    execute successfully which stops with a memory error but batch file
>    continues to execute other Python programs (as it should).
>

>    2.  Run Python Programs with Python Interpreter
>
>    Fire up Python Interpreter, open .py program, Run.

Dinesh -

Please tell us how you did this.  Did you type "python" at a
command prompt and then see the ">>>" prompt?  If so how did you
"open .py program, Run"? Or, did you start Idle (or some other IDE)
then click File-->Open, then run with the Run-->RunModule menu
item?

You have been asked several times for more information.  You really
need to read:

There are people on this list who are very generous with their
time.  It's a valuable resource.  Please don't waste it.

I don't mean to be rude.  But, you will help us all, yourself
included, if you think carefully when asking a question.

- Dave

--
Dave Kuhlman
http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman