[Tutor] How to use Python 2.6 with IDLE?

Dick Moores rdmoores at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 14:06:53 CEST 2009

Finally, success! Thanks to help from the Ulipad list.

Python is built on wxPython. I upgraded wxPython to v2.8. Then found
that even with 2.8 I was getting an error saying that I didn't have
the comtypes module. After downloading and installing comtypes I now
have Ulipad's shell running 2.6.2 and also Ulipad running scripts
within Ulipad written in 2.6.2. See
<http://www.rcblue.com/Misc/Ulipad4.png>, which shows the Ulipad's
shell window on the left, executing correctly a bit of code using a
new 2.6 feature, and also the "Messages" window showing the correct
output of the script 26.py .

I call Ulipad with a Win XP shortcut,
<http://www.rcblue.com/Misc/Ulipad_Shortcut2.png>. The contents of the
"Target:" textbox is
"E:\Python26\pythonw.exe E:\Programs\Ulipad3.7\Ulipad.pyw" (no quotes).

Dick Moores