[Tutor] python workspace

W W srilyk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 23:40:43 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 1:30 PM, Dave Angel <davea at ieee.org> wrote:

> roberto  wrote:

> You could use the commercial Komodo IDE.  It's got a debugger that runs the
> Python code as a separate process, so it can be used for GUI debugging as
> well as console work.  I use it with wxPython, and Python 2.6.2
>
> http://www.activestate.com/komodo/

Wingware also has a commercial IDE, and most of the functionality is
included in the free student/personal use version. They were also generous
enough to donate I think it was 4 or 8 commercial licensees to our
PyArkansas un-conference. I played around with it a bit and it seemed like
quite a solid IDE.

HTH,
Wayne