[Tutor] serious problem with graphics module

Gregor Lingl gregor.lingl at aon.at
Wed Jun 3 02:12:04 CEST 2009

Lie Ryan schrieb:
> roberto wrote:
>
>> On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 12:45 AM, Gregor Lingl <gregor.lingl at aon.at> wrote:
>>
>>> I know one situation in which can happen what you describe:

>> ok, it works all right now
>>
>> the minor issue is that i could not create the shortcut with the -n
>> flag as you pointed out, that's why i issued both commands:
>> C:\Python30\pythonw.exe
>> C:\Python30\Lib\idlelib\idle.pyw -n
>>
>> via the C: prompt
>>
>> and the graphic window finally worked correctly
>>
>> thank you again
>>

> Be aware though that using IDLE without subprocess also has its own
> problems such as leaked variables from previous execution.
That's certainly true, and it was the reason for introducing Idle's
feature to execute scripts
in their own subprocesses with Python 2.3

Despite of this I like to use Idle when working interactively with the
turtle module and
also when developing small programs as it is much more comfortable than a
cmd-shell window. But I reglularly run them (during development)
from the 'normal' Idle (or from a cmd-shell) to assure that effects like
those you mention
below are not present.

Does anyone have experience with using IPython with Tkinter?

Regards,
Gregor