[Tutor] class design

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Jun 6 14:38:40 CEST 2009

"Norman Khine" <norman at khine.net> wrote

> In my application I have 3 folders each containing images, something
> like:
>
> $ tree -L 3 /database/companies/company/
> |-- product
> |   |-- itinerary
> |   |   |-- img1.gif
> |   |   |-- img1.gif.metadata
> |   |   |-- day1
> |   |   |   |-- img2.gif
> |   |   |   `-- img2.gif.metadata
> |   |   |-- day1.metadata
>
> where I have the Product, Itinerary and Day folders, each containing
> images and other files.
>
> Here is what I have so far that works, but I am looking for better
> solution.

When you say it "works" I'm not sure what it is you are trying to do?
It seems that kmostly the classes are just containers representing
the file structure and mostly you could accomplish the same, more
simply, with os.walk?

Do the classes actually do anything? What exactly do you do with
a Product object? What is it for? Can you fill in a (virtual) CRC card
for each class?

Until we know what the cklasses are for its hard to know what you
want improved...

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site