[Tutor] Help running a simple python script for one time operation (noob)

Wayne srilyk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 12:32:55 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 11:57 PM, Melinda Roberts <mindimer at mac.com> wrote:

> Hi -
>
> I would like to export a large amount of data from ExpressionEngine to
> Wordpress, and have had lots of trouble finding something that isn't miles
> over my head. I did find these three scripts, which seem to be perfect for
> this purpose, but I don't know how to go about implementing them. It's a
> three-step process:
>
> 1. Configure and run Databases.cfg
> 2. Run ExpressionEngineExport.py
> 3. Run WordPressImport.py.
>
> I have a mac, am all set with access to my dbs on my host, all I need is to
> be pointed in the right direction. Anyone?

It looks like it should be straightforward. I don't have the sqlobject
library installed though, so it complains to me.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Wayne\My
Documents\Downloads\ExpressionEngineE
xport.py", line 4, in <module>
    from sqlobject import *
ImportError: No module named sqlobject

What that means is that I need to install sqlobject from
http://www.sqlobject.org/

Python should be installed on your mac by default. It appears that you've
already got the Databases.cfg file configured, so you should just be able to
run the other two files in the same directory as your .cfg file and
everything should be fine.

HTH,
Wayne