[Tutor] Need help solving this problem

Robert Berman bermanrl at cfl.rr.com
Wed Jun 10 22:50:35 CEST 2009

What you are looking at is a simulation whereby a coin having 2 outcomes
(heads or tails) is flipped exactly 100 times. You need to tell how many
times the coin falls heads up and how many times the coin falls tails
up.

First become familiar with the random module. Assign a value of 1 for
heads and a value of 2 for tails. Then you are going to use a structure
of the random module which will return only two possible outcomes.
Either a one or a two. You are going to loop (look at range(1,101) or
range(0,100). (Side question; why 101 or 0 to 100?; look closely at the
meaning of the range arguments). Simply count the number of ones and the
number of two's in the 100 flips then print the results.

Good luck.

Robert