[Tutor] Syntax Error First Example

Wayne srilyk at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 04:12:15 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 9:12 PM, bob gailer <bgailer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Randy Trahan wrote:
>
>> <snip> First, I am suppose to put this in the script mode vs the IDLE mode
>> correct? He failed to mention where..

It really doesn't matter - although presumably he meant you to write a
script instead of in the shell/interactive interpreter (the prompt starting
>>> )

>   Also, I get a syntax error at "input"? Since its my first day/hour I
>> don't know how to debug and its typed in exactly as he wrote it...
>>  Finally, I'm running Python 2.6 on Vista. It loaded but the book did not
>> mention Vista it only went up to XP. Is that ok?

Python works(ed?) fine on my computer when I ran Vista. As long as you keep
to the 2.XX series of Python you shouldn't have too much trouble picking up
python - it's really only if you start switching to Python 3 that you'll
have a problem - specifically a lot of statements have turned into
functions... but that's a discussion for a different day :)

HTH,
Wayne