[Tutor] Help..Concatenaton Error

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 07:56:26 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 3:00 AM, Randy Trahan<mattie289404 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Attached is an error I cannot get to work, I was doing a print concatenation
> but it won't let me get past "+ "ibly impressive. " \
> (then to next line)

It's wrong at a few places, but the first is at the very beginning.
You need a quote mark before the first \n. The colour coding in your
interface will help you here: All the literal text that you want to
print, should be in green. The first place where it is black or
another colour denotes a place where things have gone wrong.

> Also Programming Lanquage Question:
> I have studied and an fairly proficient at XHTML and CSS, I tried Javascript
> but just didn't like it for some reason..so I am trying Python which so far
> fits my personality, needs, whatever that part is that makes you choose a
> lanquage. Will I be able to use Python in web pages as I would of used
> Javascript?  From what I have read there are Python to Javascript
> converters?...

No, Javascript is (as far as I know) the only language that can be
used _inside_ web pages. When you use Python (or some other language)
in web design, what you do is create code that _generates_ web pages.
The big difference is that the Python will be executed on the server's
machine, the Javascript on the client's machine.

André Engels, andreengels at gmail.com