[Tutor] Best Python Editor

python at bdurham.com python at bdurham.com
Sat Jun 13 18:22:51 CEST 2009

>> The current release of Pyscripter is not stable. Drop back one release and you'll find a very solid product.

> Sounds interesting. What is the stable version and where can it be found?

Ken,

Here's the version we use:

Version 1.7.2, Oct 2006
http://mmm-experts.com/Downloads.aspx?ProductId=4

The most current release (w/2.6.x and 3.x support) can be found here:
http://code.google.com/p/pyscripter/

We tried running newer releases earlier this year and had lots of
problems. The very latest versions on code.google may be better, but we
haven't looked at them.

I am interested in hearing feedback on anyone running the most recent
release of Pyscripter.

Malcolm

 .