[Tutor] Best Python Editor

Lie Ryan lie.1296 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 08:00:20 CEST 2009

Michael Powe wrote:

> It's good to see so much common sense prevailing on this topic.

It's good that this newsgroup is not as prevalent to being flamed. In
certain other newsgroup, even (an honest and naive) mentioning of
preferred editor would turn the thread into World War E.

> An
> IDE such as eclipse or VS really only becomes a necessity for
> productivity when (a) you are dealing with multiple code files and
> proper compilation and linking and so forth becomes complicated; or

People that write in text editors often uses makefiles to handle that.
However, in python, there is nothing much to be done with multiple file
handling. Python's import mechanism just works like magic...

> Most often, simply the ability to jump to the error line is provided
> and I suppose that must be generally acceptable.

vim does.