[Tutor] Best Python Editor

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Mon Jun 15 15:34:04 CEST 2009

On 6/15/2009 2:49 AM Tom Green said...

> Yes, vim or any text editor is suitable for Python, but I
> prefer having a nice GUI interface while coding.  I mean the automobile
> replaced the horse and buggy, while they both get you to your
> destination I would still rather travel in a car.

Anyone know of any studies comparing text based vs GUI IDE based code
development?  As I recall, programming productivity is measured in
LOC/day and last time I noticed it seemed to be a very small number.

I'm wondering if there might be documented benefits to migrating from my
horse and buggy.  :)

Emile