[Tutor] Best Python Editor

Wayne srilyk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 23:42:35 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Michael Powe <michael at trollope.org> wrote:

> <snip>  I don't like GUI-based stuff,
> though, so right off, any editor built on the assumption that I'm a
> mouse-oriented user is right out.

That's why I'm a solid vim user. I can't stand touching the mouse when I'm
coding. It just breaks up the flow of typing. I heard it mentioned before
and I feel the same way - I have to switch to a different mindset to move
around instead of push buttons.

Of course, now that I have one of those eraser mouses in the middle of my
laptop it's really hard to use a real mouse for anything except graphics
editing. The mouse wins there, and gaming, and that's really it for me.

To be considered stupid and to be told so is more painful than being called
gluttonous, mendacious, violent, lascivious, lazy, cowardly: every weakness,
every vice, has found its defenders, its rhetoric, its ennoblement and
exaltation, but stupidity hasn’t. - Primo Levi